Check out our most recent Creative Solution…
- Helps with patient compliance.
- Easy to use. Cost effective and re-usable.
- PhRMA adherence tool.
According to the key stats on medication provided by PhRMA…
- 32 million Americans use three or more medicines daily.
- 75% of adults are non-adherent in one or more ways.
- The economic impact of non-adherence is estimated to cost $100 billion annually.
The average adherence rate (the degree to which patients correctly follow prescription instructions) for medicines taken only once daily is nearly 80 percent, compared to about 50 percent for treatments that must be taken 4 times a day. As many as 75 percent of patients (and 50 percent of chronically ill patients) fail to adhere to, or comply with physician prescribed treatment regimens.
In a recent poll of U.S. individuals 65 years old and older who use medications, researches found that…
- 51% take at least five different prescription drugs regularly, and one in four take between 10 and 19 pills each day.
- 57% of those polled admit that they forget to take their medications. Among those using five or more medications,
- 63% say they forget doses, compared to 51% among those who take fewer medicines.
What is one of the largest Pharma companies doing to help their patients with compliance? You guessed it, Take’N'Slide.